This and That

We've had another busy week, but I guess there won't be any more "not busy" weeks for us until Wayne and I no longer have children at home. I don't want to think about those days for a long time. It's almost unbelievable that Eli is nine. It seems just like yesterday that we were (not so patiently) waiting for him to get here! Now, here we are with three children heading fast and furiously toward middle age. Speaking of middle age...I remember when I began teaching nine years ago, I was the youngest person on staff. I looked at those ladies that had older children and had been teaching 10 or so years as kind of "together" and "set"... Well, I'm still waiting for me to get "together" and be "set". I am no longer the youngest person on staff, but neither am I the oldest. When I gain the title of the latter, it'll be time for me to go!
Enough of my wanderings...On to the good stuff...
Eli played his first games of little league this week. He is playing several positions: third base, catcher, and center field. His first game was disappointing for him. He struck out the first three times at bat, but got a hit the last time. After the game he told me that he was "praying to God" the last time up. I told him that I was too! It's nerve-racking to see your children struggle. Needless to say, he's practiced extra this week. His second game went much better. He played catcher and third base for this game. Speaking of watching your children struggle. I wonder how God feels when we struggle. He knows that He has the power to fix everything for us, but He chooses not to. I know it is for our good, but how difficult it must be for Him!
I have been sewing a little. I finished an outfit for Oki this afternoon. I am still not very good, but I think that I am improving.
We are studying a great book in our Ladies Discipleship training class at church. I'd like to share some of the truths that we are discovering. Check back for these this week. I have to go now...Much work to be done before bed!!!


Max in his "Super Stunt" suit.



Oki modeling my latest sewing project.


Eli after his Friday evening game.










Comments

Kristen said…
I've enjoyed reading your blog and seeing your beautiful children!

Popular posts from this blog

Sweet Potato Dumplings

Favorite Banana Pudding

Ranch Potato Salad