Old Fashioned Banana Pudding

Today I'm going to share a yummy recipe for Old Fashioned Banana Pudding, the kind you cook. My Papa loves it! I made it for him instead of a cake on his birthday, so I thought I'd take a little extra time to type it out for everyone to try. I wish I could take credit for it, but it's not my recipe. I got this a few years ago from a lady at church, Mrs. Betty Danford. I'm so glad she shared it! I am posting a few pictures so that you can see how mine looks. I wish I had more to share and that they were better quality!!! Anyway, here goes...

Old Fashioned Banana Pudding

Ingredients:
  • 3/4 Cups Sugar
  • 3Tbs. Plain Flour
  • 3 Large Eggs (separate whites into another bowl and refrigerate)
  • 1 tsp. Vanilla
  • 2 Cups Milk
  • Vanilla Wafers
  • 3 Bananas
In a heavy sauce pan, combine sugar and flour, mixing well.



Add milk, beaten egg yolks, and vanilla.



Cook on medium heat, stirring CONSTANTLY until mixture thickens. Remove from heat. In a casserole dish (I use a 8X8 baking dish), layer wafers, bananas and pudding mixture.

Whip egg whites until stiff. Add 2 Tbs. sugar and whip until stiff peaks form. They will look something like this...


Spread on top of pudding.


Brown top in the oven. Be careful not to over-brown.



Enjoy!!! It is delicious warm or cold!


Be sure to let me know how yours turns out!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sweet Potato Dumplings

Favorite Banana Pudding

Ranch Potato Salad