The Best Ever Pound Cake!

Anyone that knows me and has been around me at all knows that I love to bake a pound cake! I have been using this recipe since I was about 18 years old...if you know how old I am, that's a long time! My sister gave me this recipe, where she got it I don't know. For years, I made it using margarine. I always got compliments on it, but it wasn't until I switched to butter that it really did become "THE BEST EVER!"

I promise you this: BUTTER REALLY DOES MAKE A DIFFERENCE!

I'm not one of those people that doesn't share recipes so here goes...

BEST EVER POUND CAKE
Ingredients:
3 *4 Sticks Butter, softened
1- 8 oz Bar Cream Cheese, softened
3 Cups Sugar
2 T. Vanilla Flavor
3 Cups Cake Flour
6 Eggs
Cream butter and cream cheese together. Add sugar and vanilla and beat until fluffy. Add 1 cup flour and 2 eggs. Beat at medium speed. Continue adding 1 cup flour and 2 eggs until all are mixed in. Beat until smooth. (About a minute or two at medium speed) Pour into a prepared bundt pan and bake at 325 degrees for 1.5 hours.
A few things...
  • I sometimes use unsalted butter. It really doesn't matter to me which I use. It always turns out well.
  • Baker's Joy cooking spray makes the prettiest cakes
  • I usually have to bake my cake a few minutes longer.
  • I don't sift my cake flour.
  • Never let my sister, Gail around your "crusty" pound cake...she will eat it (the crust) all!!!

    *Post edited 2/28/2019 to reflect a change in the amount of butter that I use...thanks for the tip, Mary Lynn!

Comments

toyia said…
Thank you!!
ThAnKs FoR sHaRiNg SiStA!!! ;O)
Unknown said…
Try it with 4 sticks of butter!

Popular posts from this blog

Sweet Potato Dumplings

Favorite Banana Pudding

Ranch Potato Salad