New Shoes

Oki's new shoes are old by now, but I couldn't help but share this....Picture this: Oki and me at Target...walking in the shoe department...She begged for these $10 shoes, insisting that if she had "tennis shoes" she could play on the monkey bars at school. She very plainly explained to me that you can't play on the monkey bars if you wear sandals, flip flops or Crocs! I must admit that I'm a little snobby when it comes to athletic shoes for my children. I don't think I've ever bought Eli or Max a pair from Target or Walmart. Usually, they get Nike, New Balance or Under Armour, so when Oki started begging...of course I thought "no way!" Then I started thinking, "It's just $10, if they tear up after one wear, I won't be out much money." Boy, was I in for a surprise!

I've never seen someone love a pair of shoes like this girl loves hers.


She even had to wear all pink to "match" on her first day wearing them to school! The very pleasant surprise is that they've held up so well. I will definitely buy another pair when she grows out of these.

Comments

Kim B said…
Samantha,
I laughed out loud when I read this... it is too funny. I love your blog!!
Love,
Kim B

Popular posts from this blog

Sweet Potato Dumplings

Favorite Banana Pudding

Ranch Potato Salad