Sewing

About the only thing I like about hunting season, aside from the fact that my husband loves it, is that I am afforded a little free time. Wayne is usually occupied at the hunting club this time of year, so I often find myself with some extra time. This year has been especially good already. Wayne has been helping out at home a lot more by organizing things (anyone who knows me well, knows that I am anything but organized!) and insisting that we ALL pitch in to keep things neat. I have been so pleasantly surprised at how much better our home is running and how neat everything is! With the house staying in order and hunting season upon us, I have really been able to do a lot of sewing lately! I have had the best time the past two Saturdays at my friend, Valerie's house sewing with her. She is so gracious to allow us to intrude and make a huge mess! Our girls play while we talk and sew...I am including a few pictures of my recent projects.

These two were shirts that I embroidered for birthday presents...

Yesterday I attempted to make a reversible "longall" for a friend. I also embroidered appliques on each side. I was pleased with the outcome!




This skirt was sewn for a friend's daughter. I can't take all of the credit, though. Valerie helped, too! We make such a great team for sewing. While I help her with some of the more tedious aspects of sewing, like gathering, she helps me by doing the things I don't like to do! I really do not like cutting patterns! She cut the skirt out and did most of the construction, but not the gathering!!! ;-)
Maybe you will see some more things before long! Keep checking! I hope to do a better job of keeping my blog updated!




Comments

Toyia Colquett said…
i "sew" (I made a funny *L*) want to learn how to sew!

Popular posts from this blog

Sweet Potato Dumplings

Favorite Banana Pudding

Ranch Potato Salad