So Long to a Great Weekend

After a title like that I'm sure you're thinking that we must have gone somewhere spectacular or spent a pretty big chunk of change...guess again! These days a great weekend consists of children who are well and time spent together. Friday night, Wayne and I went out on a date to Olive Garden in Dothan. Thank you to Kayla for babysitting (not for free!!) We enjoyed a nice meal beginning with the wonderful salad. Wayne had some kind of pasta alfredo dish with medallions of steak and I continued on my Weight Watcher's eating plan with a low fat choice of Shrimp Primavera. I was not disappointed with my entree even though it was labeled low fat; however, I did sample Wayne's dish and it was very tasty. Because we didn't have a long wait to eat, we were through in record time. We then journeyed to Sam's Club to look around. I know to you single people and some of you childless married people, this night sounds like a very boring evening. Not to us! With three children and two full time jobs, we enjoyed the uninterrupted time together. For those of you who know us, you know that we don't get away together often; however, we do know how vital it is to our relationship. We are striving to make this a regular occurrence.
Our weekend continued with a nice day at home on Saturday. I baked sugar cookies (I am trying desperately to perfect my icing...) with a little help from the children. Mostly they wanted to eat the dough. Yes, I know it has raw eggs and yes, I know they're not good for children...I let them have some dough anyway!!! I fell off of the Weight Watchers bicycle and ate some dough and cookies, too! For you WW people, I did count the points...I was only over a little. Wayne left during mid-afternoon to attend a church function in Crestview. It gave the children and me a little time alone. We went to my sister's house to help celebrate my brother-in-law's 40th birthday. Happy Birthday, Terry!!!! They cooked shrimp and crawfish. Now, I didn't know that before you cook crawfish you are supposed to separate the live from the dead. The children had a blast catching the live ones as they crawled around on the cement!!! Too bad I don't have a picture of that!!!
On Sunday, Wayne preached at a church in Red Level. The children and I attended Ino as usual during the morning service. Let me say right here...for many reasons, I am thankful that my husband is a Christian. At present, one reason stands out...have you ever tried to get three children and yourself to church on time, alone? I have a new respect for spiritually single women/men. We attended the church where Wayne was preaching on Sunday night. Let me say that God has richly blessed us. Wayne did a great job of bringing the message about. The children mostly behaved and Oki almost made it through the whole service in the sanctuary!
Well, that's it...Almost every detail of our great weekend. Hopefully, there will be many great ones to come!!!
I have a very difficult time posting without adding a picture...so, here is one from January. It's one of my favorites!


Comments

Kristen said…
I love your Kelly's Kids attire! My girls had that too! Your children, as always are gorgeous! I do a Kelly's Kids party each season, you'll have to mosey on down to Carolina for one of mine sometime...it'll give you an excuse to come visit and see where we live. I'd love to have a weekend (or just a night) with only Russell! It is so vital and we don't do it enough. Our anniversary is next week, maybe we can squeeze it in then! Have a fun rest of the week.

Popular posts from this blog

Sweet Potato Dumplings

Favorite Banana Pudding

Ranch Potato Salad