Happy Birthday Eli!

I can hardly believe our baby is 10! It seems just like yesterday that Wayne and I were calling our family telling them that I would be induced the next morning. Now here we are with a ten year old! Do you realize that in eight short years I will be sending my sweet Eli off to college? That is so wrong!!! Where has the time gone?

Eli has had a great time celebrating his birthday. To start it off, he had a joint birthday party with his friend, Cutter (whose birthday is 9 days after Eli's). Friday, Cutter's mom, Wayne and I were very brave souls. We picked up 17 children from school to attend the party which was held at Aunt Missy and Uncle T's pool. The boys enjoyed swimming "Olympic" relays, shooting each other with water guns, and eating pizza and brownies.

The birthday boys, Eli and Cutter


Saturday, Wayne took the boys to the Gun and Knife show in Andalusia so that Eli could buy a knife with some of his birthday money. He ended up buying two! One for himself and one for Max! How's that for a good big brother? On Sunday, we went to Grammie's after church for lunch and birthday cake. Then, on Tuesday, his actual birthday, he took brownies to school for his class to celebrate. Tuesday night Eli got to choose what we would eat for supper. He wanted shrimp, but he had to settle for pizza. All in all, I think he had a great birthday. My little boy is growing up into a precious young man. It's just a little hard for this mama to let him!

Comments

Julie said…
I know that you can't believe that you have a ten-year-old!!! Eli is such a cutie!! Sounds like ya'll had a lot of fun at the party!! AND, YES, ya'll were brave to pick up 17 kids for the party...but it was all worth it for your little man, Eli!!
Wendy said…
ten years old!!!! Gosh, mom baby sat him!!!! I know I have told you; but, your family is beautiful!
Yes, you are blessed! Alison is in nursing school and Molly is a senior this year! Just wait; you will feel old soon enough!! What a joy they have brought me though.
Thanks for sharing!!!!
Julie said…
HOW SWEET IS THAT PICTURE OF YOUR BOYS HOLDING YOUR LITTLE GIRLS HANDS AT THE BEACH!!! THAT NEEDS TO BE FRAMED FOR YOU HOME!! I hope all is going well at school!!
Julie said…
oops! I forgot to put the apostrophe in girl's!! :)

Popular posts from this blog

Sweet Potato Dumplings

Favorite Banana Pudding

Ranch Potato Salad