A Great Day

We had a great day at home today. I was able to convince Wayne that he needed a little R&R, so he stayed home, too. The fact that it was his birthday helped. Wayne and the boys spent the majority of the morning "sighting in" Eli's rifle. I have some cute video clips, but I'm too technically challenged to figure out how to post them! Pictures will have to do. Today, I did some of what I enjoy (spending time with my family, sewing and cooking) and some of what I loathe (laundry and cleaning).

Receiving instructions from Dad

Eli and Max preparing to fire...


My Men!
Wayne spent the afternoon hunting. When he got home, he found a nice birthday supper of venison, broccoli casserole, sweet potato casserole, corn on the cob, rolls and this cake...

From Southern Living: "The Perfect Chocolate Cake"
(If you want the recipe, I'll share!)
Saturday, I enjoyed a day of sewing with my friend, Valerie. Our children were absolutely great and we were able to sew a lot. Here's what we did...I know it doesn't look like a lot, but we did take a break for lunch and a quick trip to Bradley's for their open house.

Comments

The Ealum's said…
The cake looks gorgeous!!! I bet it was yummy too. The clothes are too cute. Love all the halloween pics and espcecially love Oki playing w her dolls! Too sweet!!
Julie said…
I'm impressed....Yummy meal you prepared for your husband!! Yes, I would like the recipe for the cake.
Those pics of your guys will prepare me for what my future will look like....HUNTING!! That is one of Jeremy's fav. things to do. He talks all the time about how he can't wait to take the boys hunting, etc.
What a beautiful cake! Looks like it's straight from the magazine page!

And I hope you know you have some cute kids. :-)

Popular posts from this blog

Sweet Potato Dumplings

Favorite Banana Pudding

Ranch Potato Salad