Precious Boys

I'm sure some of you know, but when I am pregnant, we never find out the sex of the baby prior to delivery. Well, when I was preggo with Eli I wanted a boy. Mainly, because I thought that it was important to have a boy first so that there would always be a 'big brother'. So when I got pregnant with Max, I wanted to have a girl so much. I spent those nine months convinced I was carrying a girl; however, there was no time for disappointment when Dr. Butler delivered that precious little boy. Now I am so thankful that God knew what was best and gave us those boys, just 3 years apart. I have loved watching them grow. They share a bedroom, play together, do chores together and hopefully will continue to be close as they grow into the young men they will one day become. Those little boys make me laugh all of the time...don't get me wrong, they make me mad, too. It's then that I yell and fuss and lecture and spank and restrict and etc. haha! I wouldn't trade a minute of being their mommy for all of the riches in the world.

Tonight, I found myself at home with them alone. Wayne and Oki had gone to the grocery store. Eli and Max had been behaving really well because they were going to be allowed to play their PS2 if they completed their chores in an orderly fashion. We must include 'orderly fashion' because they often times will argue and take forever folding their laundry (which was the chore of the night). Once their tasks were completed I sent them to the bathroom to get a bath. That's when the trouble began! All of a sudden, I hear a slap and then wailing coming from the bathroom. In my laid back parenting style, I waited to hear what would happen next........the yelling, fussing, arguing continued. I wasn't at all pleased with what I heard as I approached the bathroom. I informed both of the boys that they would be treated equally: They should expect a spanking after their bath. To be kind I advised both of them to be sure to get dressed before they recieved their punishement. When they emerged from their room, I noticed that Max looked a little thick around the middle, but I didn't comment on it. I talked to them both about what happened and how it should have been handled, I made them apologize to each other and then hug. Next, I administered the corporal punishment. Max went away with a smile on his face. You see, although I did apply a good amount of force on his blessed assurance, he had padded it with clothing before coming out of his room! I pretended not to notice and Max thinks he pulled one over on his 'ole mom. What he doesn't know is that I hardly tapped Eli with the spoon because I knew Max hadn't had any pain. I couldn't help but smile...One day I will wish for these stressful days of raising these children. I am so blessed. I hope you enjoy some of these pictures from days gone by...




Comments

The Ealum's said…
Boys will be boys!! Sweet story though!! Love love love the monogram and no it isn't too "sissy"!!!
haha I love the soapy tub picture with the big grins! Hilarious!

Was yours the Dr. Butler at Women's Healthcare? Dr. Martin was my doctor but he doesn't deliver, so Dr. Butler is my doctor now, too.
Julie said…
How in the world did you keep you composure while you were administering corporal punishment to the boys??? I would have lost it!!! THAT'S SOOOOO FUNNY!!!

You're right on with your comment about wishing for those 'stressful' days to come back when they're all grown up; I know I'll be the same exact way!

Have a GREAT Memorial Day Weekend with the fam!!

Popular posts from this blog

Sweet Potato Dumplings

Favorite Banana Pudding

Ranch Potato Salad