It's been a while, I know...it seems that every time I blog I begin the same way! I can already feel it coming...we've been busy, I want to blog more, I will try to do better...blah, blah, blah! The truth is that in all honesty, it will probably be a while before I blog again! Anyway, we have been enjoying the wonderful spring days lately. Since the time has changed, we stay outside as much as possible in the afternoons. We really love living in our new neighborhood because we have a great place to ride bikes and walk without worrying about safety. Since Christmas when Oki got a new bike, she has been learning to ride. She's come a long way, from this... To this!!!! Here's my little princess on her bike now...notice the costume, boots and skinned knee!!! Now she's a whiz at riding and doing great! I have a hard time keeping up with her! Last week Max got a new bike and he LOVES it! Of course he could already ride well, but he has had the best time every afte...
Anyone that knows me and has been around me at all knows that I love to bake a pound cake! I have been using this recipe since I was about 18 years old...if you know how old I am, that's a long time! My sister gave me this recipe, where she got it I don't know. For years, I made it using margarine. I always got compliments on it, but it wasn't until I switched to butter that it really did become "THE BEST EVER!" I promise you this: BUTTER REALLY DOES MAKE A DIFFERENCE! I'm not one of those people that doesn't share recipes so here goes... BEST EVER POUND CAKE Ingredients: 3 *4 Sticks Butter, softened 1- 8 oz Bar Cream Cheese, softened 3 Cups Sugar 2 T. Vanilla Flavor 3 Cups Cake Flour 6 Eggs Cream butter and cream cheese together. Add sugar and vanilla and beat until fluffy. Add 1 cup flour and 2 eggs. Beat at medium speed. Continue adding 1 cup flour and 2 eggs until all are mixed in. Beat until smooth. (About a min...
Ingredients: 1 large box instant vanilla pudding/pie mix 3 cups milk 1 block cream cheese, softened 2 Tbs. Vanilla 4-5 bananas 1 Can Eagle Brand milk 1 Large container Cool Whip 1 Large box Nilla Wafers Blend 3 cups of milk into the pudding mix. In mixer bowl, cream together cream cheese, Eagle Brand Milk, and vanilla flavor. Once it is smooth, stir in pudding. Fold in about 3/4 of the Cool Whip (be sure to reserve enough to cover the top of the bowl for later). Layer Nilla Wafers, banana slices (we like them sliced thin) and pudding mixture. Repeat until pudding is gone. Top with remaining Cool Whip. Refrigerate at least 4 hours before serving. Credit: Recipe taken from "A Taste of Heaven" by Sweetwater Baptist Church WMU Cookbook Recipe submitted by Thera Mott
Comments
Happy 3rd to your precious little Oki!!!