Christmas 2009

I am really beginning to feel on top of things. Here it is January 4th and I'm writing my second post of the year!!! Yea! I hope this is a prediction of things to come in 2010...

Eventhough I may be off to a good blogging start for 2010, I know that I'm actually behind since I'm just now blogging about Christmas. This Season was so very strange and sad, too.

I won't mention everything that happened, but the Season began to take a turn 'south' when two weeks before Christmas, Wayne began to get sick. He started coughing and feeling generally yucky...which let Dr. Russell (that's me) to suggest some good cough medicine. After a couple of days on that, he developed a prostate infection. (Which we now know was probably brought on or at the least aggrivated by the cough medicine. He had no prior problems in this area.) I knew he must be very sick when he called me at work to tell me that he had made his own dr. appt. (with no prompting from me!) The dr. prescribed an antibiotic and we thought we were good. BOY WERE WE WRONG!!! After just a few days on this med, Wayne was so very sick!!! The effect that this medicine had on him was awful! On Christmas, I asked him not to take any more of the medicine. We were both really worried about him at this point. For the next 4 days, he ran fever and felt very terrible. He returned to the dr. on Monday and thankfully got a different antibiotic and has improved greatly. Praise the Lord, he has continued to get better! I know many people were praying for him. He has lost several pounds and is not 100%, yet. Please keep it up!

In the midst of Wayne's illness, his uncle Kevin passed away. He was 45 years old. The Russell family has lost a wonderful person...Son, brother, uncle, husband...

Now that all the sad stuff is out, let's get on with the good...However, the above mentioned circumstances might account for the lack of pictures taken that day!!!

My sweet great-nephew, Brayden was happy about his First Christmas!


This is the only picture I got of all my babies together...Anyway, Oki looks like she's got Eli and Max under control. Now, if we could get HER under control, we'll be good to go!


Dad and his Princess!


The Russell Fam...2009!


Merry Christmas, late! And no, I didn't send cards...Sorry!!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sweet Potato Dumplings

Favorite Banana Pudding

Ranch Potato Salad