To The Mountains We Went

I do realize that this post is...oh, something like 4 months late. But, I still wanted to post it! I actually uploaded all of the pictures about 3 months ago, but never typed the post. I wish I had enough energy, time and productivity to do all of the things that roll around in my mind. I might be dangerous then!!! Anyway...

During Opp's Spring Break in March, our family took a trip to Bryson City, North Carolina. A couple in our church offered us the use of their cabin there and we jumped on the opportunity. We had never been to the mountains before and we were so in awe of the beauty of God's creation there. We had a very low-key get away, not "doing" and "going" constantly. We left after school on Wednesday and returned on Sunday afternoon. It took us about 9 hours to get there. We couldn't believe how well the children did on the drive!

One day, we went up the road a few miles to the Cherokee Indian Reservation. There, we enjoyed walking and looking. We visited the museum there and the children had their faces painted by a Cherokee Indian!


While the children were getting their faces painted, the man told us that we should visit Minga Falls, a local waterfall that is a popular tourist attraction. These were the steps we had to climb...I counted them on the way down, but now I can't remember how many there were! I am thinking it was something like 172 or something. Needless to say, I was out of breath when we got to the top!

We were rewarded for our efforts because this is what we saw when we arrived!

Here are our precious "Indian" children with their faces painted...

Comments

Toyia Colquett said…
Looks like lots of fun!

Popular posts from this blog

Sweet Potato Dumplings

Favorite Banana Pudding

Ranch Potato Salad