Wayne and Sam

I feel like the most terrible blogger! Several blogposts sit unfinished in my "dashboard" and many ideas are swimming in my brain, but none ever seem to materialize here. Since I'm on vacation and Wayne is watching a baseball game on TV, I thought I'd take a few minutes to update. My last post was an anniversary post. Let me tell you about my anniversary...I went to VBS!

If you read my last post, you will know that my wonderful and romantic husband planned a trip for us...We drove 6.5 hours west to our destination of Natchez, MS. I didn't know where we were going until about 1.5 hours before arrival!

We are staying at an Antebellum home called Monmouth Plantation. It is a wonderful and beautiful place! This is the main house. Our room is actually in the renovated kitchen area.


This picture was taken this morning near our room on Monmouth Plantation. The grounds here are beautiful and cover about 30 acres.


Today, we toured another Antebellum home called Longwood. This home is the world's largest octaganal home. The sad thing is that it was never finished. I can't imagine the splendor that it would have had if it had been completed.

This picture was taken this afternoon before supper. We dined at the Chef's table in the main house with a few other guests. It was my first five course meal! It was delicious!

This is the dining room and table where we ate tonight. It was very fancy, but a great experience!

Wayne and I were treated to a horse-drawn carriage ride this afternoon. Our driver, Mr. James, did an outstanding job showing us around and providing us with a lot of knowledge! This carriage ride was a first for both Wayne and me.

There is more to come soon! I have tons of pictures! We are planning to tour two other homes tomorrow, visit the cemetary and the area called "Under the Hill."

Comments

Natchez is a true Mississippi Gem! Hope you enjoy your stay in my home state!! If you get a chance take a ride on a riverboat :O)
Kristen said…
How stinkin' awesome! Way to go Wayne! So NEAT! I love, love, love old homes and the history behind them! Enjoy and call me when you get home. I went by AES to get the t-shirt and it wasn't there. I'll check again later this week.

Popular posts from this blog

Sweet Potato Dumplings

Favorite Banana Pudding

Ranch Potato Salad