Whew!

We've been EXTREMELY busy!

When I first started this blog, I thought it would be easy and fun to chronicle the goings-on of my family. Well, blogging is really fun and easy, but really...who has the time? It seems that all I do is run at break-neck speed all day and fall into bed exhausted at night, only to do it again in the morning! Now, please don't misinterpret me...I love my family, my life and my job, but sometimes it seems a little hectic! All funny business aside, I am a thankful woman. Seriously!

I have been trying to write this blog post for a month now, but haven't been able to find the time. Well, I've been a little under the weather for a few days so it seems that I have finally "found the time" to blog! Yea! There IS a bright side to everything!

Our summer ended, as has been tradition for the past few years, with our BIG family vacation in Destin. The weather was a little less than desirable, but we had fun none the less!

The first few pictures were taken our last day on the beach. The waves were crazy big and oh so much fun! This first picture is so funny to me...there's Max and my nephew, Trevor...with my sister's hand holding his shirt in a death grip! I never have to worry about my kids when she's around! She's super protective...and I love her bunches!



The kid caught this big sand crab...I had to make them let it go before they killed it...


Our handsome half-grown boy, Eli!



And here's our sweet Max...always "cheesing" for the camera!!!



Max again...the master of the boogie board. That boy can ride a wave like no other!


Our little starlet...Oki.


Our traditional facing the water picture...I've been snapping one of these for years!!!


The picture below shows what you will see on many afternoons in our back yard...Wayne and the boys playing some football. I absolutely LOVE seeing them tossing the ball around! I have so many pictures of this. I know Eli and Max will cherish the memories of this time with Wayne when they are grown...



The beginning of school brought with it a first and a last...Oki's first day of big school! Yipee!!! She loves school and her teacher, Mrs. Mikel! We are so glad she loves it! The last is that she's our last "first day of school"!!! *sniffle*




The first day of the 2011-12 school year...Eli - 7th Grade...wow! Can hardly believe that! Max - 4th Grade...Oki - Kindergarten...



Then...more exciting stuff! Eli turned 13! For the past few years, Eli has shared a birthday party with his friend, Cutter. Their birthdays are just a few days apart. For the past two years, they have opted for a skating party. Don't they look happy about having their picture taken? Typical teenagers!!! ;) Gotta love 'em!


Eli being sweet and letting dear 'ole mom have a picture with him on his actual birthday...things have changed a bit since 1998!!!


I had to snap this picture...This is the view I have from my back yard...If you will notice the house in the background...That's my sister's house. For 12 years she's been my neighbor. First just a few yards away, then from a short distance across a pasture once their house was built. When she lived just a few yards away, we would sit on our back steps and talk on the phone...when she moved into her new house I had withdrawals because I couldn't see her everyday!!! Well, now there is going to be more distance...only a few miles, but distance just the same. We are moving soon, so this will not be my view anymore. Adjustments will come as we move from the country...away from family. Not too far...just to town...visits will be frequent I'm sure!

I just wanted a pic of my kiddos and her house for the memory book!



Hopefully, I will have updates on the new house soon!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sweet Potato Dumplings

Favorite Banana Pudding

Ranch Potato Salad